Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mojitos

By Edith McClintock

Mojitos are a refreshing summer favorite. Sadly, I managed to serve them at a party recently without the lime. I was distracted. But I'm now growing fresh mint and hopefully I'll have plenty of occasions to get it right this summer.

Recipe for 1 mojito:

add 5-10 mint leaves to the bottom of a highball glass (or whatever is handy)

add 3/4 ounce of simple syrup (or about 2 tablespoons of white sugar) and muddle the mint and syrup together (I use a mortar & pestle then add it to the glass)

squeeze in 1/2 a lime cut into fourths then add to glass

add crushed ice

add 2 ounces of light rum

top off the rest of the glass with club soda/seltzer water

garnish with a mint sprig

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, Edith! I'm saving this recipe for a Mojito-themed deck party this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help. Definitely go with the simple syrup.

    ReplyDelete